Education (years of study, university/institute, faculty and specialization by diploma):
Professional experience (Position, Degree):
1991-1996 Chemistry Department of Yerevan State University, Chemistry-pedagogue.
1997-2001 Post-graduate Student, Institute of Organic Chemistry, National Academy of
Sciences of Republic of Armenia.
2019 to present Head of Department of General and Pharmaceutical Chemistry of Russian – Armenian (Slavonic) University
2019 Institute of Pharmacy of Yerevan State University (supernumerary)
2017 to present International Bachelor Diploma Program, Chemistry teacher
2010 to present Senior Research Fellow of Basic research laboratory “Creating of agricultural pesticides and quality control” National Polytechnic University of Armenia;
2008 to 2018 of July Assistant Professor Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar
2005 to 2010 Research Fellow of Department of Chemical Technologies and
Environmental Engineering (Chem Tech &EE), State Engineering University of Armenia (SEUA)
2003 to 2008 Associate Professor, Faculty of Fundamental Ecology of Armenian- Russian Institute of Ecology, Economy and Law. Yerevan Campus of International Independent University of Ecology and Politology (IIUEP, c. Moscow).
2001 to 2005 Research Fellow, Laboratory of Natural Compounds of the Institute of
Organic Chemistry, NAS RA.
1997-2000 Junior Research Fellow, Institute of Organic Chemistry NAS RA.
Fellowships ( sponsors, dates, place and type of fellowship):
Specialization by PhD. diploma (Title of PhD. thesis):
Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, Institute of Organic Chemistry of National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia (IOC NAS RA).
Title of PhD thesis “Regio- and Stereocontrolled Cyclization of Polyhalogenhexenoic Acids into Cyclobutane Derivatives”.
PhD programme started from 1 of September of 1997 and finished 1 of December of 2001 Year
Defense of thesis took place in 16 of May 2005 year.
Educational and Methodological Basis of Environmental Education in Pre-School and Secondary School: Problems and Prospects. Workshop, sponsor: Cambridge-Yerevan Sister City Association. Funding Provider: U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Yerevan, December 6, 2001 year.
02.03.2018 Member of the Armenian Association of Biochemists (AAB) Constituent Member of the Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS)
15.06.15 - 26.06.15 Yerevan State Medical University after Mkh. Heratsi Department of qualification and raising of lecturers
2011 ANSEF, Grant No. Chemorg-2339.
Participated in International Congress of Young Scientists, held in the Yerevan State Medical University, Armenia on April 13-14,2010
ANSEF Grant for 2011. Number: chemorg-2339. Title: Synthesis of New Neuro- protective Drugs Based on Substituted Small Carbocycles. Preliminary estimation of physiological activities by docking studies and electrochemical measurements.
Research Grant 276, Award of Ministry of Science and Education of Republic of Armenia, 2008-2010.Title: Elaboration of universal technologies for utilization of halogen-organic waste into physiologically active compounds.
Award of Ministry of Science and Education of Republic of Armenia, Grant №. 0453, 2005- 2008 years
National Science and Education Fond (ANSEF), Grant №. 05-PS-chemog-814-116, 2005 year.
„Towards the International Scientific Collaboration” organized by Bioecomed NGO 24-26 November 2003 in Yerevan was awarded the prize for the best oral presentation. I won 1 free membership of learning and information center valid for 1 year from British Council in Armenia 01.12. 2003-01.12.2004. see www.bioecomed.am
Armenian National Science and Education Fond (ANSEF), Grant №. NS-75-01. 2002 year.
- Organotransition metal complexes in organic synthesis
- stereocotrolled radical transformations of coordinated molecules
- new synthetic methodologies
- synthesis and structure determination of natural bioactive molecules
- computer modeling, and docking analysis via AutoDock program
- drag design
List of publications
- 1Karapetyan H.A., Tamazyan R.A., Mikaelyan A.R., Grigoryan A.M., Vardanyan A.S., NikoghosyanL.Zh. // Single crystal X-ray investigation of 1-,3-,6-trichloro-3,6-dimethylcycloheptanecarbonitrile and 2,5-dimethyl-2,5-dichlorohexane: the products of interaction of 2,5-dimethyl-1,5-hexadiene with trichloroacetonitrile. ZhurnalStrukturnoyKhimii 2008, Vol. 49, N 5, pp. 997-1000. Translated in: Journal of Structural Chemistry, Vol. 49, № 5, pp. 965-968. SpringerLink. (in English)
- M. Melkonyan, L. Hunanyan, G. Zakaryan, A. Manukyan and A. Grigoryan “Oxidative modification of proteins in white rat blood under the acute acoustic stress conditions and α2- adrenoblocker administration” Abstracts, 37nd FEBS congress and 22th IUBMB conference, Vol. 27p, Suppl. 1,Seville, Spain, 4-9 September, 2012, p. 192
- A.R. Mikaelyan, A.S. Vardanyan, G.G. Torosyan, A.M. Grigoryan, A.M. Hambardzumyan ,,Characterization of pyrethroid – ion channel interactions via cyclic voltammetric technique and docking analysis.”International Young Scientists Conference, Perspectives for development of Molecular and Cellular Biology-3. September 26-29, 2012, p.210 Yerevan, Armenia
- Aram Mikaelyan, Nona Asatryan and Anna Grigoryan.”New Approaches for Synthesis of Halogen-containing Small Carbocycles: Convinent Building Blocks for Efficient Agrochemicals and Drugs” // The 3rd Annual World Congress of Advanced Materials-2014; ”Dream of Ubiquitous Smartness”; June 6-8, 2014. Chongqing Yuelai International Conference & EXPO Center, Chongqing, China, p. 278.
- A. Mikaelyan, A. Grigoryan, and N. Asatryan. "New Approaches to Cu (I) Catalyzed ATRA/ATRC Reactions for Stereoselective Synthesis of Functional Substituted Small Carbocycles: Convenient Building Blocks for New Agrochemicals and Drugs", 2nd Russian Conference on Medicinal Chemistry, 6th Russian-Korean Conference "Current Issues of Biologically Active Compound Chemistry and Biotechnology", 2nd Youth School-Conference on Medicinal Chemistry, July 5-10, 2015, Novosibirsk, Russia. Oral presentation, MedChem 2015 Book of abstracts, p. 94.
- Melkonyan M.M., Hunanyan L.S., Manukyan A. L.,Grigoryan A.M.,Harutyunyan H. A.,Tovmasyan N.V., Pogosyan G. A. “The effect of high level noise and α-adrenoblocker on the oxidation intensity in white rats blood” International scientific journal, Journal of Medical and biological Sciences, Vol. 1, 2015, p. 5
- Melkonyan M.M., Hunanyan L.S., Harutyunyan H. A., Grigoryan A.M., Tovmasyan N.V., Pogosyan G. A., Zakaryan G. V., Manukyan A. L. “The effect of α2 adrenoblockers on the oxidation intensity in white rats blood under high level noise chronic action” The New Armenian Medical Journal Vol. 9, № 3, October 2015, Current Issues of Medical Science Conference Abstracts, p.26
- Manukyan A. L., Grigoryan A.M.,Harutyunyan H. A., Melkonyan M.M., Hunanyan L.S., Ayvazyan L. M.“The effect of α2-adrenoblocker Beditin on oxidation intensity in white rats blood high level noise chronic action” The Sixth European Conference on Biology and Medical Sciences 10 th June, 2015, Vienna , p. 110
- A.R. Mikaelyan, A.Kh. Nazaretyan, N.L. Asatryan, A.M. Grigoryan. "HIGHLY EFFICIENT COPPER (I) BASED CATALYTIC SYSTEM IN RADICAL ADDITION OF HALOTHANE TO OLEFINS: READILY AVAILABLE SYNTHETIC ROUTE TO TRIFLUOROMETHYL SUBSTITUTED CYCLOPROPANES" // "Fluorine Notes" Online Journal, Vol. 4 (107), July — August, 2016.
- Babayan B.G., Sargsyan A.S., Mikaelyan A.R., Grigoryan A.M. "Docking Analysis of Collagenase Interaction With Some Derivatives of Cyclobutane- and Cyclopropane Carboxylic Acids and Some Synthetic Non Protein Amino Acids Containing Peptides" // International Young Scientist Conference dedicated to the 50-th Anniversary of the Institute of Molecular Biology NAS RA, "NEW TRENDS IN LIFE SCIENCE", 26-28 September 2016, Yerevan, Armenia. Abstracts, pp. 38-39.
- Grigoryan A.M., Hambardzumyan A.A., Mikaelyan A.R., Melkonyan M.M “Comparative docking of Mesedine and Beditine with homology model of Alpha2a-adrenergic receptor” //The New Armenian Medical Journal // Vol.11 (2017), №3 Supplement, Abstracts, p.15
- BabayanB.G,Sargsyan A.S.,Mikaelyan A.R.,AsatryanN.L.Grigoryan A.M., NazaretyanA.Kh.” The docking analysis of some cyclobutane - and cyclopropane carboxylic acids derivatives and some synthetic, Non Protein amino acids containing peptides interaction with collagenase // The New Armenian Medical Journal, Vol.11 (2017), №3 Supplement, Abstracts, p.21
- Anna Grigoryan, Arthur Hambarzumyan, Aram Mikaelyan, MagdalinaMelkonyan “A comparative study of potential ligands to the developed model of Human Alpha2 adrenoceptor” // 4th Neurological Disorders Summit, Los Angeles, CA 90045, US, Oral presentation, Book of Abstracts, July 23-25, 2018, p.14
- Anna Grigoryan, Bella Babayan, Magdalina Melkonyan, Arthur Hambarzumyan, Aram Mikaelyan “Identification of Binding Affinities of some Pyrethroid-like Cyclopropane/Cyclobutane Ligands with VG SCN and NMDA Receptor” // 4th Neurological Disorders Summit, Los Angeles, CA 90045, US, Poster presentation, Book of Abstracts, July 23-25, 2018, p.76
- Anna M. Grigoryan, Bella G. Babayan, Syuzanna S. Avetisyan, Vardan A. Sargsyan, Artur A. Hambarzumyan, Aram R. Mikaelyan ”Comparative docking analysis of Cyclopropane/Cyclobutane derivatives with human modeled voltage gated sodium channels and NMDA receptor” 1th International Scientific Conference “ Current State of Pharmacy and Prospects of its Development” November 01-03, 2018 Yerevan, Armenia,Book of Abstracts, pp.30-31
- V. Sargsyan, L. Nikohgosyan, A. Grigoryan, N. Asatryan, A. Mikaelyan “ Functional substituted small carbocycles as convenient building blokes of New Agrochemicals and Drugs” 1th International Scientific Conference “ Current State of Pharmacy and Prospects of its Development” November 01-03, 2018 Yerevan, Armenia,Book of Abstracts, pp. 51-52